AGAR POWDER 2 OZ
- Pure Powder
- Vegetarian Substitute for Gelatin
Agar is a naturally gelatinous powder derived from marine red algae. It's the perfect vegetarian substitute for beef gelatin in any food application, and makes an excellent thickener for soups, jellies, ice cream and more.
Agar can be used as a vegan substitute for gelatin's functional properties.
- In a small pot, place 1/2 teaspoon of NOW Real Food® Agar Powder into 1/2 cup of water.
- Allow mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add desired fruits or vegetables.
- Pour into mold and refrigerate for 20 minutes.